A Sacred Space for Your Dreams
A guest post by Loes van Mierlo of Sacred Discovery for the Dream Dialogues Series.
In my bedroom, next to my bed, stands my dream altar. It’s a sacred place that gives form to the
mystical energy of my dreams and that adds to their power. My dreams and the messages they
bring me are important to me and having an altar reflects that.
Having a dream altar will make you more aware of and connected to your dreams. It will also
be a way to invite your angels, ancestors and spirit guides to communicate with you even more
in your dream time. Creating a dream altar can be a beautiful ritual, a way to celebrate your
Do you want to create a sacred space for your dreams too? Here are some suggestions to get
- Big or small, whatever size feels right to you works. You can make it on your nightstand, on a
shelf, in a drawer, or wherever you want. Use your intuition to find the right place.
- Your altar can be minimalistic and simple or it can be abundant, anything that feels right to
When you look for things to put on it, look for something that:
* represents you
* represents Spirit
* symbolizes a gateway into your dreams.
Candles, flowers, shells, photos, feathers, oracle cards, crystals or stones, anything can be
a valuable addition to your altar as long as it feels right to you. Water is often associated with
dreams, so you might want to have it on your altar in some form.
Using your dream altar:
Once you have created a dream altar, that’s all there is to it, you don’t need to do anything
else. Just having it there in your bedroom will make a difference, you will feel the energy that
emanates from it. As with all things in life, the more energy and love you put into your dream
altar the more you will get back. Take care of your altar, keep it clean and fresh. Change it when
you feel like it. You will want to change the objects you keep on it from time to time, so follow
your intuition and create a dream altar that you love every time you look at it!
Loes van Mierlo, CPC, CPLC is a certified Soul Coach, certified Past Life Coach and a perpetual dreamer. Originally from the Netherlands, she currently lives in Dublin, Ireland, but she works with people from all over the world. Loes started Sacred Discovery to help people who want a deeper understanding of who they are to find their core. She offers her clients a safe space to truly listen to the inner messages from their soul, a sanctuary to let their inner glow glow brightly.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)